With this being the second day of the Church's New Year, I thought it appropriate to share a goal or two with you this week.
My physical goal: I want to lose weight. That's a great picture but it is way too low res. Let's sharpen it up a bit.
I want to lose 22.4 pounds (that will be the remainder of a 30 pound goal I previously set). I want to lose it by April 1st, 2011 (no foolin').
Now how is that going to happen? I like to further define my goals by adding "and having a great time doing it". Why be miserable working towards something? This higher resolution keeps things balanced in your life and increases probability for success.
So how can I lose 22.4 pounds by April 1st and have fun doing so?
- Ask wife to make lunch - eat better food - tastes better than junk
- 10 minute brisk walks during lunch break
- Tuesdays - Family Night at Y/ Friday - swim w/ Teresa
- Holiday trimmings club at Y - I'm competitive
- "30 for 30" competition w/ Erik and Pete - I'm competitive
- 20 minute workout w/ Teresa.
- Start going to Y mornings to start my day (30 min) or jog/run*
Plus I'll have everyone who reads this blog checking up on me. That's a good thing, right?